Monday, September 27, 2010

Wedding treats

Where did time go?  I can't believe I haven't shared any of my good eats since Wednesday! That just means I have a lot to blab about this week.  I have to tell you about the sweetest treat I took home from a Bridesmaids Luncheon on Friday.

Our friends Jake and Mary got married over the weekend.  It was a truly magical day for the couple with wedding that deserves to be in the pages of the coveted "Southern Living Weddings" issue itself.  The beautiful bride, Mary was the picture of southern elegance and grace. While the groom, Jake, looked as handsome as ever.

Friday, I attended Mary's Bridesmaids Luncheon that was also full of southern charm.  JoCarole, the bride's sister was one of the hosts of the luncheon.  Knowing the great cooks involved, I had been looking forward to the luncheon all week.  The menu included a delicious bowl of Butternut Squash soup, salad, rolls, and fruited iced tea.  All quite yummy. 

But, it's what we brought home that I want to brag about to you... 

The wedding cake pop!




JoCarole made these cake pops and I shouldn't be a bit surprised by how good they were.  These Mobely girls are some of the best bakers I know!

I've gotten little cookies and treats from bridesmaid lunches or receptions before.  Sadly, they end up sitting on my kitchen counter until the "wedding cake hangover" is over.  Leaving me to toss out my gift from being stale and rock hard.  Not this time!   

I tore into this sweet treat that same afternoon, but not before I took a couple of pics to share with you.


The cake inside was still insanely moist.  I believe there was some cake icing mixed in to keep it more of a "cake ball" consistency.  I had never had a cake pop that looked this pretty and was still very tasty on the inside. 

I loved the attention to detail with the "Tie the Knot" tag on the lollipop stick.  It was the small details like this that made the wedding truly unforgettable.

Congrats Jake and Mary!


You  might also like to know that JoCarole has a wonderfully booming business called "Apronstrings".  She, along with her with her equally as talented business partner Tiffany, do custom cooking parties for kids and other special event planning. 
The CUTEST party for the kiddos!  Don't take my word for it, check out the great notes from parents and party pics on their facebook page...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment