Monday, September 6, 2010

Food hangover

WOW. I'm on a 48 hour food binge.  So much so, that I couldn't even eat dinner last night.  Rare, for me.

But boy, oh boy do I have a ton of good stuff to blab about.  I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

Game Day:
The hubby smoked ribs all night long Friday night on the smoker.  Taking them off just as I was waking up Saturday morning.  At first it was just odd, 7:00am and the thick smell of a manly man's meal creeping around. Not to mention totally screwing with the smell of my Starbucks egg white and feta wrap. My body was confused about what it was craving. (Mind you, Saturday was my brief return to Carnivorism)  The aroma of smoked ribs made our kitchen smell so yummy, I could have eaten the knob off a kitchen drawer if it would have given me the flavor that had filled this house.
I did the only right thing, and complimented my Starbucks egg white wrap and Grande Unsweetened Green Tea with a hot of the smoker RIB.  Ugh, let the binge begin...

I know.  I should be ashamed.  But if ribs at 7:30 A.M. on game day is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I nearly forgot to take a photo to share with you.  Here's what was left after 7 men and I had our way with two large racks of the racks.
Hard to tell much from the pic. Sorry.
He rubbed them with his favorite dry rub and lots of Kosher salt and smoked them over night, from about 11-7am. Then we took them off, basted them with BBQ sauce and wrapped the racks in foil.  Left them in a low heat oven for another hour or so to let the goodness soak up. 
Best ribs he's done to date.  My hubbs is getting dangerously good with that smoker.

Caramel Apple Cupcakes

As I said last week, we had a party to go to Saturday night.  I hate going to others house to eat empty handed. 

This month's Rachel Ray Mag had a Caramel Apple Cupcake recipe that I was dying to try.  So it worked out perfect to make the cupcakes and then take them somewhere else to unload the calories.  If they hang around here, I just eat them. 

They turned out great. Really moist. I think the apple cupcakes would be good alone as a muffin for a brunch.  The caramel icing was a little too sweet for my taste, but very much reminiscent of an actual coating on a real caramel apple.  Next time, I think I will do a cream cheese frosting the drizzle with a little bit of caramel, as opposed to strictly caramel.

There's no link to the recipe online yet. I'll post it as soon as I find it on her site for you. If you like caramel apples and the smell of fall your house, you will love this one!

PS:  I found those cute polka dot liners at Kroger.  They are foil lined so that the design is still bright after baking. They have a ton of cute prints. 
I love the foil lining, because I always spent money on nice printed ones and after baking they looked dark and gross.
Finally someone solved the problem...or maybe it was solved all along and no one told me about these. IDK?

Don't miss my post tomorrow!  My dreams finally came true.  Jim and I ventured down to Nolansville, TN to a BBQ joint that was on "Diners, Drive-In's, and Dives".  I've got great food pics to share, and a review that will make your mouth water.


No comments:

Post a Comment