Friday, September 10, 2010

Hungry?

Last week I saw a great interview with someone from Shape magazine.  She shared the most brilliant way to tell if you are really hungry, or are just craving something out of boredom. 

I often find myself at the fridge because I'm bored, not hungry. 

You know you are hungry if you will eat anything.  You'll know you are eating out of boredom or cravings if you are wanting a specific something. 

Re-read it a couple of times. 

It was a light bulb moment for me.  If you are eating out of hunger, that leftover soup in the fridge will do the trick.  But if you stand there with the door open, wishing something salty or chocolaty will magically appear, you are having a craving. 

There is power (and less calories) in listening to your body well enough tell the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment