Monday, September 20, 2010

Move over Southern Living

While perusing the isles in Sam's Club over the weekend I found a great new-to-me magazine.  I have a self-professed addiction to cooking magazines and I am not seeking help for my problem. 

Move over Southern Living, Clean Eating is my new favorite magazine! 

Okay, it doesn't have the nostalgia Southern Living does for me yet, but I'm optimistic Clean Eating and I are going to make some great food memories over this year's subscription.

Clean Eating is the concept of consuming food in its most natural state-or as close as possible to it.  It's not a diet; it's a lifestyle approach to food and its preparation, leading to health, well-being, and a lean look.
(per the magazine)

The magazine has tons of content and not too much advertising.  Articles are on the cutting edge of what's making news in healthy eating.  Most recipes are not vegetarian but can easily be adapted. 

The dishes look wonderful, with tons of flavor.  The recipes use maximun fresh ingredients and produce and minimal processed and canned foods.  Isn't that something we all need more of? 

You will not be disspointed by picking this one up.  Even if you are not into healthy eating per se, it's still worthy of reading for great food alone. 

Here's a link to their website.  You can subscribe from here, and get a sneak peek into some of the recipes.  Even download many of the recipes to your computer.  You're welcome!

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/minisite/ce_index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment