Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My beef today...

...is all the websites, morning shows, special news reports, and gyms fliers telling us all the ways we can save calories on Thanksgiving I mean, really?  These experts and guru's spend 365 days a year drilling into us Americans how fat, flabby, and frumpy we are.  Seems fair enough to me that they could give us a free pass, just this ONE day. 

I mean, I get it.  We are fat, frumpy and expanding as a nation.  But people like me spend all year counting calories, skipping seconds, and spraying Windex on the second half of a cupcake so we don't finish eating it. (yes, I really do that)  Me and my guilty conscious deserve a break.

As far as I can see, eating a feast on Thanksgiving is a tradition that our ancestors started long before people started curbing the carbs and counting weight watchers points.  Who am I to mess with tradition?

Therefore, I eat what I darn well please for this one day! 

Guilt free. 

I'll probably eat lots of left-overs too.  TAKE THAT Jillian Michaels, Eating Well Magazine, and all the stupid email blasts I keep getting from fitness magazines...

Gobble Gobble.

Y'all don't trip over my soap box on the way out, kay.

No comments:

Post a Comment