Monday, December 6, 2010

New Years Eve Plans?

For me every holiday is all about what I'm going to be eating.  New Years Eve is no different.  My husband and I have have been discussing what to do for New Years this year and it's come down to the same battle between us...he worries more about atmosphere, I worry more about if there will be good food involved. 

In case you are working on planning a perfect NYE too I've been asking around to what some of our friends will be doing this New Years.  Here a couple of good ideas I've heard about so far... 

Two years ago, we went to Sambucca for New Years with a large group.  The music is great, food was delish, and the atmosphere was festive.  If you don't mind spending a little extra on the meal it's a great NYE spot.  Here is a link to their New Year's information...
http://www.sambucarestaurant.com/nash2010/

I read on my Twitter feed last night that The Patterson House will soon be announcing their New Year's event.  Last year, the chef did a seven course meal for 60 lucky guests with reservations.  I would be willing to bet they would be doing the same this year.  
TPH doesn't have a website.  So I consulted YELP.  Read what other's are saying about TPH...It's becoming quite a legend in Nashville.  Getting pretty consistent 5 stars with YELP users is an accomplishment.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-patterson-house-nashville
Side note: TPH was voted Number 12 nationally by GQ as America's best cocktail bars. 

Cantina Laredo in the Gultch is doing regular menu and reservations for NYE, as is P. F. Changs.  If I remember correctly, so is Virago, Whiskey Kitchen (who doesn't do reservations), and LimeBut don't hold me to those last three, okay.

The recently re-opened Opryland Hotel is hosting a good deal for NYE.  For just $166.00 you get room accommodations, general Admission to the New Year's Eve Party at FUSE Night club, midnight champagne toast and party favors, and a New Year's Day Brunch.  This is a great package for the price! 
Here is a link with more info. 
http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-opryland/specials-packages/specials/new-years-at-fuse/index.html?intcmp=go-pl=tsr-cid=GenL-fuseNYE-headline

Here a link to some more good info for live music venue's.
http://nashville.about.com/od/nashvilleseasonalevents/a/Nashville-2010-New-Years-Eve-Parties.htm

If you have heard a good idea for New Year's please share!  The hubbs and I are still trying to decide what we want to do versus how much we are willing to pay for the evening.  Life on a budget people!

No comments:

Post a Comment