Thursday, December 16, 2010

Eat like Garth

It seems like everyone I know has tickets to one of Garth Brooks fundraiser shows in Nashville.  I never thought to buy tickets to this for some weird reason.  Now I'm jealous of you guys.  (*pouty face*)  In honor of you ticket holders and the man himself I will share a recipe out of Tricia Yearwood's cookbook.

Tricia Yearwood has two cookbooks out now.  They are FABULOUS!  A must purchase if you like good, southern recipes.  This Feta Artichoke dip is out of the second one, I believe.  I made it Saturday night for my taste testers.  It literally took 5 minutes to throw together and that was mainly all chopping time.  I served the dip with the thin style Triscuits.  Deeeelish!  This dip got a thumbs up from everyone.

Feta Artichoke Dip

Ingredients:
14 oz can artichoke hearts; drained and chopped
5 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup mayo (I added in an extra 1/4 cup also, didn't look moist enough for me with only 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 jar of pimentos (2oz); drained
2 cloves of garlic, minced

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. 
Pour into pie plate or 9x9 pan. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes; or until hot and bubbly.
Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies for dipping.




Yummmm!  I bet Garth is snacking on this now, warming up for the concert ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment