Monday, December 13, 2010

Barefoot Amanda

There are two kinds of people in this world.  Those of us that like blue cheese, and the rest of you.  I LOVE.  So every since I saw this recipe for Blue Cheese and Walnut Crackers on Barefoot Contessa's, "Perfect Cocktail Party" episode I have been dying to make them.  The anticipation was worth it.  These were a great little party nibble.  They paired wonderfully with wine too, might i add.

Saturday night, I threw together a last minute, impromptu wine and cheese themed appetizer get together. A couple friends that were kind enough to drop their Saturday night plans to come taste test some recipes I wanted to try out.  All the recipes turned out really well.  Each day this week I will share with you a new small bite recipe.  Amanda tested, friends approved.

First things, first.  These Blue Cheese and Walnut Crackers.  It might look a little complicated, but I promise they were easy.  I actually made them Thursday evening and baked them Saturday afternoon before my taste testers arrived. 

What makes them even better is you don't have to worry with keeping them warm.  These are great, hot out of the oven or at room temperature. Or the next day...as I learned while enjoying some leftovers.


One foot note:  I couldn't find the "Silton" cheese it called for in our Kroger so I picked it up at whole foods last week.  So take precautions if you plan to make them that it might require a quick trip to a Publix or Whole Foods for the right cheese. 

I can NOT wait for our Publix to open! Amen?

Recipe Link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/blue-cheese-and-walnut-crackers-recipe/index.html
Here are some of my photos along the cooking process.  I didn't have parchment paper to line the sheet pan with before baking...so I just flipped the crackers half way through to prevent burning. 




Assemble all you ingredients before you start mixing.



I got a little carried away with the flour on the work surface.  You don't need near this much.

An "egg wash" is simply one egg lightly beaten with a small splash of water.
Nothing to be intimidated over.






See below that I flipped them half way through cooking. 
Since I didn't have parchment paper they would brown too much on one side without the flip.



No comments:

Post a Comment