Monday, October 18, 2010

My new lunch obsession

To avoid soup overload I switched up my lunch routine lately.  Now, I have become obsessed with these Morning Star Farms Spicy Black Bean burgers.  I might be a little late to this black bean burger trend, but better late than never. 

I used to buy Boca Burgers, but these Morning Star Farms burgers blow Boca's away in taste and texture.  Don't waste your money with Boca.


This meatless burger is loaded with black beans, roasted corn, brown rice, and chili peppers.  It's not all pulverized and unrecognizable either.  You can see whole beans and corn in the patty. 

The patties are perfectly portioned to watch your waistline too.  Each burger contains only 120 calories/4 grams of fat.  It also has an impressive 4 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein. 

Why a meatless burgers you ask?  Because they are MUCH better for you than that beef crap you buy at the drive-thru.  These have 73% less fat that regular burger! 


Ideas for toppings:Last week, I made the burgers southwest style.  I started by mashing up 1/4 of an avocado and 1 tablespoon store bought salsa.  Slather that on one side of toasted Pepperidge Farm Deli Flats bread.
Cook the burger according to package directions and top with a handful of shredded vegan cheese and some jarred jalapeno slices. So good!



I hadn't had time to grocery shop for the week yet so today I had the burger backyard BBQ style.  Adding red onion, fresh tomato slices, lettuce, and a slather of Dijonaise dressing. 

I promise you will not miss one morsel of meat in this lunch. 
They taste amazing and are a snap to prepare! 


No comments:

Post a Comment