Thursday, August 19, 2010

Holy Chipotle

Run, don’t walk, to Chipotle. I was a fierce supporter of Baja Fresh in Green Hills until I ventured across the street to the hidden Chipotle. I tried it initially after reading “Eating Animals” by Jonathan Safran Foer (a MUST READ for all meat eaters). I heard through the grapevine that Chipotle only buys meats from actual farmers. If you’ve read the book you know actual farmers with real farm animals are few and far between and NEVER found in the grocery isle. If you haven't read the book, catch up, would ya?


Even though my conscious lead me to try it, my appetite keeps me coming back for more. They only do a few items, tacos (hard shell or soft shell) the burrito, the burrito bowl (sans the tortilla) and the salad.  However, you can order your selection a zillion different ways with a ton of different fillings. Think of it as a Mexican themed Subway. 

Since I’m still deep in my Vegetarian week I knew I could eat out here and not feel shafted. I ordered the vegetarian burrito with rice, black beans, nearly every salsa on the bar, lettuce, a spec of sour cream and guacamole. If could just have a spoon and a vat of that guacamole I would be fine. It’s made on site at least three times a day from fresh, organic produce. What more could you ask for?

Disclaimer: The burritos are HUGE! You can see my hand holding it in the picture below, and I have big hands for a girl. I can never finish mine. But I give it a good fight every time…




Here their web link if you want to view the menu or know more.  But you already have my recommendation, are you waiting for?


For tomorrow: I just purchased a new book, "Food Rules" and I am so excited to dig in.  I'll let you know if it is a read worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment